Monday, September 19, 2016

1st Week of Transfer 2 in Calafate

First off, I want to start by saying that I read Hannah's email, and I'm glad to hear that she is being fed well in Colorado! Meanwhile over here in Argentina...we get one lunch a week from members and I currently have 150 pesos to last about 11 days . . . which is basically nothing. But don't worry! My companion and I have mastered Fideos con Tuco. In fact, that's all we eat. Every day. But don't feel bad because it's actually really good! Oh, and about how we basically have no money left...probably because we spend all of it on ingredients to make banana bread and brownies . . . The banana bread is heavenly . . . however, the brownies are straight doggie doodoo. We have tried twice without success.

Also, a member fed us lunch (a rare event) after some service in the morning. And apparently he served liver...and I ate it for the first time. I didn't know what it was because he said it in Spanish, even though I could kinda tell from the look of it, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt and ate it. It actually wasn't that bad, but let's just say that I can live without that taste hitting my tongue again. 

We received Elder Cortes this week since Elder Quintanilla left. Elder Cortes is Chileno and he is actually 27! He decided to serve after a recent reactivation, so that's super cool. He has about 7 more months. He is our district leader now. 

We learned a couple of days ago that we are going to have a competition within our zone based on our work efforts. (contacts, fechas, lessons, baptisms...) So that should be fun, and provide a fun incentive to build the Kingdom of God even further. 

Our investigators are progressing slowly but surely, well some of them. It's super hard to find them. Some we can only talk to on weekends, and then when they aren't home, we can't find them for another week because so many of them work all week. It's pretty lame, not gonna lie, but we need to just keep having faith!!! Haha, that's always the key. Faith. 

But we do have some solid ones. In fact, we have 4 fechas right now, and we are going to baptize two little girls this Saturday. So that's exciting! My first baptism! I don't know who is going to perform the ordinance yet, but we'll see. Hopefully I can perform one of the baptisms at least!


Oh, and remember that cool experience I had with Maria last week where I bore my testimony to her and felt the spirit so strong? Well, she texted us and said that we cannot visit her any more... I think because her boyfriend/husband doesn't want us to or something like that. Huge bummer.

This dog's name is Devin Jay! He always chills in our neighborhood and pretty much always greets us with a smile when we come back from a long day's work! Haha he is so cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment