Monday, September 26, 2016

Three Months Done!

With the passing of the 22nd of September, I have officially completed three months as a missionary, and I am still alive and well!! I would consider that a success of rather epic proportions if I might say so myself.

As far as my hair goes, (I heard Mom was saying it was long) my companion actually does have a clipper, and I cut the sides this week but frankly I am afraid to cut the top! But I'll have to soon, so be prepared for a wonderfully terrible haircut in a matter of just a few weeks! hahaha

We did have our first baptism this week!!! Zoe (9) is on the left, Adasa (8) in the middle, and Branch President Ortiyada on the right. And their mother on the left. It was so special to see those two little girls baptized and confirmed this week. As they rose out of the water, there was the greatest feeling of peace and tranquility which can only come from the presence of the Holy Spirit. So powerful!! I know we are performing sacred, saving ordinances by the authority of Jesus Christ!! I was filled with feelings of gratitude, joy, and peace, as I heard the words, "Habiendo sido comisionado por Jesucristo, yo te bautizo en el nombre del Padre, y del Hijo, y del EspĂ­ritu Santo, amen." I hope we can bring many others to the waters of baptism!!


So, as you can see, our font is a plastic tub. Well, we don't have the piece that connects the tub to the hose to drain it. So after the baptism we had to drain it and clean it in preparation for the next baptism that we might have. So there is currently an inch of water on the floor of that room, which is actually just the "kitchen" in the church, with water still coming from the tub. Our plan is to let it continue to leak, and just crank the heat in there until the water evaporates . . . #problemsolvers. Haha, so yeah. Super classic. Super Argentine.


We are probably going to to Rio Gallegos to watch General Conference this weekend. I still don't know if I will be able to watch it in English or casellano. I will be fine either way, hopefully. Also, there is a gymnasium in the capilla there, and I think we are going to stay for P-day too, so that's awesome. I might actually get to play basketball for the first time in forever . . . #frozen.

This is a picture of the coletivo, (the buses we take to travel from city to city). As you can see, they are very nice!

It appears I have frightened you with my stories of lack of lunches from members! Don't worry!! I'm fine, I am not starving at all...in fact I think I am gaining weight! So don't worry. I am in no manner starving here in Argentina!!




I finished the Book of Mormon this week, and I am now going to start studying it in Spanish! I'm excited for that, and I also wanted to share one thought that I had while reading in the last chapter of Moroni. Moroni 10, verse 32. The invitation is simple, yet powerful. Perhaps, some of the most powerful words I could utter as a missionary of God. It reads, "Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him". In these the last writings of Moroni before concluding his record, he admonishes us to simply "come unto Christ," for it is through Christ, our Savior and Redeemer, that we are made perfect, made clean, made pure; scooped up in the arms of the Good Shepherd, whose infinite mercy satisfies the demands of justice so that we may stand before the judgement bar of God without spot and without blemish. How grateful I am to know that I am loved by Jesus Christ. That we all are. Loved so much that He took upon himself the imperfections and the stains of the world, so that we may be saved. So that we may attain eternal life with our Father in Heaven! I love this message of hope and joy. I desire only to be a tool in the hand of God here in the Patagonia, to help others do as Moroni exhorts: come unto Christ. 



No comments:

Post a Comment