Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween!

I realized that it is Halloween in the United States today! That's super fun! I wanna see pictures of everyone's costumes!

This week went well, and Elder Senz and I are getting along really well! He is from Cordoba. He is super chill! He can't speak English really, so we always speak Castellano. It helps me out a lot actually and I'm getting better slowly but surely. We got another noob in Calafate this week! Elder Nelson from Salt Lake is training Elder Revilla from Peru. They are the two elders in Calafate B, and Elder Senz and I have reigns over Calafate A. 

This week we had no investigators at church. I don't know what happened...usually we have like 3 or 4. Basically no one came to church actually...we had like 24 people this Sunday. That's like...no one basically. So we were pretty discouraged and we realize that we have to work harder with the members! There is no point in baptizing new converts if the members are falling away or less active! Our job as missionaries is to bring people unto Christ. All people, including members, and if they happen to be sliding a bit from the iron rod, we need to bring them back before they are lost! So that is going to be our focus in the next couple of weeks! Obviously we will continue to work with our investigators. They have first priority, but the members are sooooo important as well!

Well, I was reading in the Pearl of Great Price this week, and I was reminded of how lucky we are to have these additional records of scripture! I believe that in the Bible, the only thing it says about Enoch is that he walked with God or something like that. But in the Pearl of Great Price we learn so much more! He saw The Lord and he was taught the entire plan of salvation! From these additional records we have so much more knowledge and security about this life! I am just so grateful for this church and all of the many blessings we receive from it!

Also this week we did companion study on chapter 5 in Preach my Gospel. Focusing on the BoM as a tool! We know that our two most powerful tools in converting people is the Book of Mormon and the Holy Spirit! Through these things, an investigator can gain a testimony of Jesus Christ and commit to following Him through the necessary ordinances such as baptism and the reception of the Gift of the Holy Ghost! I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and the power it has. It truly is the most correct book on the Earth, and we can truly come closer to Christ by abiding by its precepts! 

I love this opportunity I have to be a missionary!!! It is tough, pero vale la pena! (but, it's worth it!) I hope the Lord will continue to bless me, my companion, and all of my family as I work my hardest here!

No comments:

Post a Comment