Monday, October 24, 2016

4 Months Completed!

This week was probably the best week of the mission so far! 

Let's see...where do I even start? I guess I will begin with transfers. Big news! I am staying in Calafate, but I am getting a new comp! So Elder Araujo has been called to serve in Puerto Madryn up north as a District Leader. I now am going to get Elder Senz from Argentina. I am actually super excited about this because I have heard that he is really cool and super chill. So we should get along well. But the main thing is that he speaks Argentine Spanish!!! I am so excited because I feel like this is my opportunity to really improve my Spanish. And I'm definitely going to try to make the most of our time together! 

This week we also had interviews with the Mission President! It was a nice reminder to make sure I am doing all the things I should be doing in order to have the spirit with me at all times when we are finding, contacting, and teaching. 

I believe I mentioned Cesar in a previous email right? But we have these two brothers now as investigators. Friends of a recent convert whose name is José Tito. He brought them to church two weeks ago I believe, and we have met with them twice already with him to teach! They also came to the Family Home Evening on Monday night at the church when President Salerno was here. It was focused on the Restoration and the First Vision. Cesar said that he felt really good watching it, and President clarified that was the spirit! The following lesson we had with them they committed to a fecha for November! So that is really exciting!



We also went to the Glacier Perito Moreno. It is one of the largest glaciers in the world and it is only like an hour bus ride from our area! We went with a group of like 11 missionaries, and it was so fun. Highlight of the mission so far.....because I haven't baptized yet of course. It was truly truly the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, and I tried to take some cool photos. It was a great reminder that God created this world for us to enjoy and be happy, and I am so grateful for that!!

We were shopping in Centro the night we got back from the glacier with the other elders that were visiting, and we went into a certain little shop. We walked in and began to browse a bit. The lady at the counter asked us: "Ustedes son de una iglesia? (Are you guys from a church) or something like that. We said we were from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or Mormons. She said that she was looking for us!! We were like...what? Haha. She said that her boyfriend said that the only church he will go to is the Mormon church. We talked to her more and we set a cita to meet up with her next week on Tuesday with her boyfriend I believe. That was a miracle to find her. And I have found that talking to employees in stores is actually one of the easiest ways to talk to people about the gospel! We had a conversation the other day with a man for about 25 minutes about the gospel in his own store! I believe that we have a lot of blessings in store for Calafate!

Whenever someone accepts the invitation to be baptized or to even meet with us in the first place, I am filled with so much joy. It is that happiness and joy that drives me each and every day. Hoping that I can find at least one person that day that I can bring closer to Christ! I know that you guys can all have those feelings too, as you invite your friends or even strangers! I promise that this is the work of the Lord and we are all missionaries in our hearts!



































No comments:

Post a Comment